NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED ACADEMIC PROGRAM
Based on the belief that creative artistry is fueled by intellectual insight, MVCS Performing Arts (MVCS) provides a rigorous college-preparatory academic program that produces high-achieving, motivated scholars. This program is aligned with the California State Standards. MVCS is accredited by the Eastern Association of Schools and Colleges (EASC) and is an Arts Schools Network Exemplary School (ASN)
MVCS has received honors and recognition for innovation and excellence in both arts and academic education. Since its origin in 1998, the charter school has been recognized as:
- Arts Schools Network (ASN) Exemplary School 2017-2022.
- The third best charter high school in California and ninth in the nation by Niche Rankings (2018).
- Recognized American School Counselor Association (RAMP) Model Program for college preparation.
- A model arts education program by the Kennedy Center, the National Endowment for the Arts, and the U.S. Department of Education.
- A National Blue Ribbon School.
- A California Distinguished School three times.
- One of the top 10 charter schools in California by the University of Southern California (USC).
- One of the top high schools in America by Newsweek magazine.